MELISSA, also known as Lemon Balm, has a tart, lemony aroma with herbaceous green base notes. The essential oil is produced in limited quantities each year, making it rare and valuable. Considered one of the strongest relaxing agents in aromatherapy, it is recommended during times of emotional-disquiet and restlessness. Its cleansing properties are useful for skin care, blemishes, and facial care. Applied diluted to the stomach, the oil can also promote digestion. The ancient Greek philosopher Paracelsus referred to Melissa as “the elixir of life.”
Lemon Balm is calming perennial herbs that belongs to the family Lamiacaeae and grows to a height of 70cm-150cm. Leaves are green in color and flowers are white. The flowering tops are used for the extraction of oil that is carried out via the steam distillation process.
Historical uses of Lemon Balm Oil
• During ancient time, Lemon Balm Oil was used to kill bacteria and also to sooth muscles.
• It was believed to prevent baldness and also to rectify production of excess sebum secretion of skin.
• Due to its antibacterial properties, it was used on acne-prone skin.
• Lemon Balm Oil helps to reduce anxiety and benign heart palpitation’s frequency.
• The oil promotes healthy sleep and also improves indigestion symptoms.
• It is known to possess marvellous antioxidant properties that prevent free-radical damages.
Common Uses: For promoting clear and balanced skin, add 1 drop of Melissa into an ounce of a gentle facial cleanser.
Diffuse or apply diluted before bedtime to support sleep, or anytime to promote relaxation and calm.
HOW TO USE:
- Inhale directly: Rub 1 drop (diluted in carrier oil) in cupped palms, wrists or directly from the bottle and take a long, deep breath.
- Rub directly: Rub few drops of oil into your temples, wrists or anywhere, ( Better Diluted with NAVA ESSENTIALS CARRIER OIL).
- Safety Information: Maximum Adult Dilution: Maximum Adult Dilution: 1%; 6 drops per ounce of carrier. Avoid during pregnancy. Do not use around children under 2 years old. Always dilute. Do not consume orally if taking diabetes medication.
- Use on-the-go: Put a few drops on a handkerchief, cotton pad or on a scarf and inhale as needed.
- Add to your shower: Immerse yourself in an essential oil steam by adding a couple of drops in your shower,( Better Diluted with NAVA ESSENTIALS CARRIER OIL) and inhale deeply.
- Use a diffuser: To get long-lasting benefit, use an essential oils diffuser.
*Please be informed about essential oils safety before use!
Keep out of reach of children.Do not use around children under 2 years old. Always dilute. Do not consume orally if taking diabetes medication.
- Perform a skin test before topical application.
- LEMON BALM is a powerful pure essential oil, so be sure to use it responsibly.
- Be sure to consult a doctor before use if breast feeding & Avoid during pregnancy.
Avoid contact with eyes, membranes, or other sensitive areas of the body.
**Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Always consult with a health care professional for any specific health condition.
As with any product, monitor your body for any signs of discomfort or allergy. If any such conditions exist, discontinue use immediately.
100% pure Melissa Officinalis (Melissa) Oil.
Lemon Balm essential oil contains 14 constituents.